Patterson Claremont High School
Completion Date: 2021
The existing Patterson High School was built over three seperate phases beginning in 1957 and ending with 1977. The main building was compromised of main academic area, auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium and swimming pool. The second and third phase added a ninth grade wing and a library with adminstration wing. The existing Claremont School was building in 1962 as an elementary school, in 1977 it became the Claremont School for Special Education. As part of the Baltimore City’s 21st Cetury Schools Program, the city funded construction of an all new 242,019 sf facility to combine Patterson High School and the Claremont School.
Polysonics designed the AV, IT, and Theater systems along with the Interior LEED V4 Acoustics systems for the new combined high school. Design was within the requirements for the county educational specifications. Specialty spaces included Theater/Auditorium, a Black Box theater, Cafetorium, Gymnasium, Specialty classrooms, meeting spaces and the athletic field.