Centreville Baptist Church
Client: Heilbing Lipp
Completion Date: 2009
Centreville Baptist Church was founded in the 1950s with twenty one people in their worship service. In 1989 the church purchased their 34 acre property and built a 50,000 square foot facility. As the church cultivated, it became apparent that a new worship center and additional classroom space were a necessity. In 2009, Helbing Lipp Recny Architects called on Polysonics to assist in the design and construction of a new two story, LEED certified building and sanctuary of approximately 40,000 square feet.
Polysonics provided acoustical interior design with 3D computer-aided modeling with multi-dimensional room rendering, RT-60 scores, RASTI scores and predicted broad spectrum loudspeaker volume coverage. Audiovisual designs included performance lighting, performance audio, audio recording, video production and video projection systems for the 1200 seat worship center, fellowship foyer and choir practice room. The sanctuary consists of a combination of flat and stepped seating, a 50-foot wide platform and large video screens, one which rises to reveal the baptistery.